3 April 2010

Taken (Part 2)




He was taken, beaten and killed
He died a painful death,
He was not killed by the beatings, the nails or the crown of thorns which hung on his head,
But by the many, present on the day and the many not yet conceived.
He allowed himself to be taken without a fight of resistance or a word of protest
He was taken, not gently but roughly, dragged, kicked, whipped, even though he offered himself willingly!
He was nailed to the cross, his side pieced!
His garment taken as he hung naked on the cross for you and me!


Pictures by "photobucket"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They hung him high, they stretched him wide, he hung his head, for me he died!
That's love.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the story, it was really not a simple nailing to the cross, what lead to it was gruesome!
I don't think anyone since then or after that has had to die in such a horrible way.
But it was worth it.

Joy

My Quest said...

He was taken so that he can take back for himself what we lost in Eden.

Thanks for for visiting my site.

Anonymous said...

There is no greater love.
Nice lines

Ebi

David C Brown said...

He said that he would be killed - but also that he laid down His life for us. Wonderful grace!

Jennifer A. said...

Not gently, but roughly...

As much as I just tried not to imagine that, I eventually did. What's the use if it does't cut my heart. He was shoved...like a lamb without no intelligence.